We’re looking for a senior UX designer to help shape the future of Intruder products. You’ll be part of a small, growing design team which works across product, UX and interaction design.
We're accepting remote applications as long as you're within 2 hours of the GMT timezone
Intruder is a SaaS platform that helps companies easily identify their cyber security weaknesses, and fix them before they get hacked. We're a fast-growing startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators, including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator, and now provides cyber security services to over 2,000 customers. Our headquarters are in London, UK but our team are based worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
What you’ll be doing
- UX, interaction & product design for our core Intruder products
- Work closely with engineers to plan and design new features
- Run workshops with stakeholders to define product direction and requirements
- Work with Customer Success team to analyse customer feedback and metrics to drive our design
- Share design ownership of our rapidly evolving design system
What you should have
- 5+ years of UX design experience for a complex SaaS product
- Ability to own a feature from inception through to production
- Excellent communication skills to explain complex design problems and proposals to different audiences
- Strong interaction design experience (primarily web-based responsive desktop apps)
- Adept with design tools, such as Figma or Sketch, and how to manage assets
- A technical understanding of design systems
- An understanding and appreciation of engineering processes
- A proactive attitude and ability to work independently
- An interest in cyber security / IT would be handy
This might not be what you're looking for if
- You don't enjoy designing technical products. It can take a bit of time to understand the domain, but it is a fun technical challenge.
- You're looking for a role with clearly defined boundaries. We're a growing startup so there are opportunities to do more than UX/product design.
- You prefer lots of direction and instruction. You will have a lot of autonomy and responsibility to make decisions in this role.
- You don't like retro gaming themed products. We're currently building a design system called Bits.
What we offer
- £40,000 - £70,000
- Share options so you can benefit from our success
- 28 days paid holiday (plus 8 UK public holidays)
- Flexible working – total freedom to work remotely or at our Shoreditch office
- Regular socials in London
- Send us your cv and portfolio
- Company intro (30 mins): Initial chat for you to learn more about the role and tell us what you're looking for
- CV deep-dive & portfolio review (60 - 90 mins):
- An exploration into your design experience
- Present and discuss pieces from your portfolio
- Design collaboration exercise (90 mins): We’ll work through a design problem together and present the results to stakeholders